Life With BracesIt’s Pretty Much Like Life Without Braces - Only More Exciting
Having braces is much more comfortable than it used to be, especially when you get your braces at Murray Orthodontics. That’s because Dr. Murray is dedicated to bringing the best new technologies to Alaska.
THE FIRST FEW DAYS after each appointment there might be some general tenderness of your teeth and mouth. Your teeth might even feel a little loose (after all - they’re on the move). You may want to take some form of pain reliever (what you would normally take for a headache) during this time. Tenderness usually subsides within a few days.
BRUSHING & FLOSSING
- We recommend you use a soft bristled tooth brush with a small head. Electric and sonic tooth brushes are also acceptable.
- Brush your teeth after meals and snacks.
- If you have eaten while away from home, use your interdental brush to dislodge any food that may get caught around your braces.
- Rinsing with water is another way to dislodge food from your braces, and to keep sugar from sitting on your teeth.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day.
- We recommend that you have a regular check up with your dentist every 6 months.